Friday, October 23, 2009

First Hurdle

I have hit my first hurdle in the Cannonball Read II (and it hasn't even started yet!).

Unbeknownst to me, the CBR-II was so popular, they had to cut off the number of participants at 100. Yes, 100 Pajibans have signed on to read 52 books in one year! Which is fabulous, absolutely. But... I was a tad heartbroken to find out I'm not officially entered. (What with the thinking about it months in advance, and how pleased with myself I was after coming up with the "Half Cannonball.") But, I'm over it (the heartbreak, not CBR-II).

Because, as I see it, what this means is a whole lot of people doing a whole lot of reading, which is the epitome of awesomeness (some might even call it awesome-sauce). And equally, if not more important, that's a whole lot of people honoring AlabamaPink. Furthermore, since I had never intended to read all 52 books (see previous note about the importance of realistic goals), this leaves room on the official list for someone who might actually reach the goal and that's more money for Lil A's college fund. So, check it, I am Miss Look-On-The-Bright-Side.

Oh, and one more silver lining: now I don't have to worry about any of my reviews showing up on Pajiba for all to see and read and mock, which = less pressure.

So, I'm still moving forward on my Half Cannonball plan. Cannonball ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment