Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's time to expand, don't you think?

A quick note about the whole reading thing, and then on to other things. I swear I am still reading, but clearly, I got a bit sidetracked, because I have been reading the same book for-fucking-ever! I'm on my last story from the The Best American Short Stories 2009, so I should have a new review up soon. (And yes, I have no idea when I'm going to cram in enough books to get caught up...)

Anyway, I thought that perhaps I should take advantage of this blog thing to post on other things and not just books--especially since those posts are far too few and far between. So, we'll see what kind of odds and ends end up here.

I think adventures in cooking should be one of those, so I'm going to post about my recent vegetarian scrapple attempt. It's not like I do a lot of adventuresome cooking, but it is Bundt Cake Season, so those should be good fodder for the the food posts.

And if I finally get around to deconstructing the t-shirts for which I have plans, that has possibilities for posts as well.

So yeah, I think it's time to break out a few more subjects for this blog. We'll see what happens.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I do, in fact, have a picture of the baboon-faced gourd and just as soon as I figure out how to get it from the camera to the Main Squeeze's computer to this here blog, you'll finally see the name inspiration for the blog. (It wasn't actually generated based on random word associations.)

No comments:

Post a Comment