Tuesday, November 3, 2009

And we're off!

At some point, I'm going to need to put together a reading list. For now, though, I'll just let you know what I'm reading.

My first book for the Cannonball Read II is Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier. She also wrote The Girl with the Pearl Earring, which I read a few years ago and enjoyed. I was loaned this book, so I happened to have it on hand when CBR-II started on Sunday, which is why it's book #1.

So far, I'm not finding it terribly gripping, and am considering putting it aside. But I'm not ready to give up on it quite yet.

I do think that a secret to succeeding at the CBR (even just a Half Cannonball) is to make sure your reading list is full of engrossing books, so I'll have to think about that as I select books for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment